You can also sign up to have a newsletter sent to you once a week to keep in touch!
1. Keep kids from EVER falling through the cracks!
2. Picture Talks that go deep (but don’t have to!)
3. Teaching kids to read… versus teaching them to LOVE reading
4. Nine “Common Sense” Language Class Activities that need to be left behind
5. Trapped in a textbook department?
6. High-frequency verb posters are an equity issue!
7. Help with classroom management
8. Are your intermediate students choosing challenging texts for pleasure reading?
9. When students refuse to contribute
10. Say it again!
11. Troubleshooting a reading program
12. Fear & Creativity
13. The Art of the Bailout Move
14. Ten Best Ways to Extend a Movie Talk
15. A CI technique to improve grammatical accuracy
16. What’s missing?
17. Five Steps to Refresh Inspiration
18. Use a TV Series to Create an Anchor Text for your WL Class
19. Appropriate Encouragement for Independent Reading
20. Tweaks for a block schedule
21. Solidify your skills
22. “Novel Study” or “Anchor Text”?
23. Getting Buy-in from Parents
24. Language Shyness: An Essential Concept for Teachers of Heritage Learners
25. Cultural Fluency Through Oral Story Telling
26. Casas de cartón, the song from Voces inocentes
27. A Culturally Rich CI Classroom
28. The Cool Generation
29. Dive Deep Into Your One Word Images
30. Calm & Clear is better than Loud & Lively
31. The Grammar Syllabus
32. Do Word Walls Help the Flow of Class Conversation?
33. Frame this conversation
34. Cognate Recognition routine: Béisbol, baseball
35. Covid shreds my long-term planning for the year
36. Write a Class Novel with Students
37. Does comprehensible language = simple grammar?
38. Truly Interactive CI
39. If you plant the seeds…
40. “The problem with boys’ reading“
41. The allure of non-fiction
42. When Students Struggle to Speak
43. A Delicate Dance to Transition to CI
44. Managing Student Voices in Quiet & Loud Classrooms
45. The poetry of uncomfortable truths
46. Crosswords: Boring or Fabulous?
47. Language Spoken at Native Speed (not everything CI is slow)
48. A small bucket of language
49. Matava Scripts are the Bridge to Comfortable Story-Asking
50. Reality Check: Is ‘Non-Targeted’ Language an Efficient Use of Class Time?
51. Cultivate Student Allies for a Smooth-running Class
52. The best bookmarks I’ve ever seen
53. Is there a place for “paired retells” in my class?
54. Recover from burn out, stress, and demoralization
55. Books I like to read with my advanced Heritage Learners
56. Caring for the entire quilt: linguistic diversity in a heritage classroom
57. The Rule of Three: One Thing at a Time
58. What does an advanced CI class look like?
59. An Advanced CI Class, part 2
60. A guided writing activity to follow up short readings in class